- Is on the Core Competency of Communication
Our Inquiry Focus Question is:
- How can we improve our students’ abilities to effectively communicate their thinking and learning?
Our Overall Learning Goal is:
The story of teaching and learning at DeBeck Elementary School in Richmond, includes the establishment last year of a three-year focus on…
“Building a Healthy Learning Community” – an overall School Goal, which has included extensive professional development, as well as innovation projects and explorations within the following areas:
- First People’s Principles of Learning
- Outdoor Learning, Outdoor Gardening and Alternative Learning Environments – we are a Wild Schools School next year.
- Healthy Choices – Social Responsibility, Physical Literacy and Nutrition (NStep)
- Differentiated Instruction and Tranformational Learning
- Playful Inquiry/Storytelling, Loose Parts and Reggio-inspired teaching and learning
- Use of technology to enhance learning:
- Using technology, and especially E-Portfolios, to effectively communicate one’s thinking and learning